Connect with us

News and Report

Philips Launches Clipper designed to eliminate rashes and bumps

Published

on

…as winners emerge in Philips’ battle of barbers

 

Philips International, under its Personal Healthcare Business Unit, has introduced to the Nigerian market, the first of its kind clippers designed to ensure no after-shave bumps and rashes. The company said the new clippers have specially developed blades to reduce the risk of cuts when clipping your hair or beard, offering the confidence of a precise cut and shave without the humiliating damaged skin.

The company also said the new Clippers are designed to give a close precision cut or shave, cutting the hair at skin level. It added that the new Philips clippers also offer the freedom to play with multiple hairstyles by simply adjusting the blade and clicking-on different length combs.

“Philips conducted extensive research across a cross-section of men in Nigeria and sub-Saharan Africa before it developed and carried out extensive field tests on the Clipper taking into account the core concerns that came out in the research – mainly the need to get that clean shaving feeling but to avoid the scratches, cuts and bumps that sometimes develop on the skin,” states Chioma Iwuchukwu-Nweke, General Manager, Philips Personal Health-West Africa.

“These are the first clippers Philips is introducing in the African market, underscoring our commitment to delivering innovation based on the need of the consumers. Our new clippers cut your hair, not your skin. This not only ensures that you have a painless short and sharp look, but also improves your overall skin health,” said Ms. Iwuchukwu-Nweke.

The two clippers in the range, the Philips Clipper Pro (ideal for professional barber styling) and Philips Clipper Home (for personal use) offer blades designed to avoid cuts and bumps for optimal skin comfort, close precision and durability.

The Pro clipper is designed for a powerful expert trim, cut or shave. Its chrome matt finish is complemented by a smart textured handle for a comfortable grip and a 2.8m cord to give a greater reach and to easily move around while clipping. It comes with seven click-on Combs as well as a styling comb and scissors.

The Home clipper has lacquering, textured high gloss plastic finish and a 2.4m cord; and comes with four click-on Combs including the 3mm, 6mm, 9mm or 12mm combs.

The new robust design promises to become a hair-loom for generations to come. Its strong steel blades are manufactured to withstand chips and cracks lasting up to four times longer than the leading brand, while its state-of-the-art copper motor coil will outrun its predecessor four times over.

To put the new product into test, a pan-Nigeria competition among barbers tagged ‘Philips’ battle of barbers’ was staged as part of the product launch.

The competition, which is set to become an annual showpiece, aims at promoting innovation, artistry, precision and professional dignity among barbers in the country. It also underscores Philips Nigeria’s effort to enliven the global Philips’ brand vision of impacting the lives of 3 billion people by year 2025 through innovation that matters to their health, living and wellbeing.

Five finalists had earlier emerged from regional finals which took place in Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt. While three of the finalists emerged from the Lagos region, Abuja and Port-Harcourt regions produced one winner respectively.

At the grand finale which took place on Thursday last week at Protea Hotel, GRA Ikeja, Lagos, the five finalists slugged it out for the star prize of N250,000 and a supply of full barbing kits, among other mouth watering gifts.

At the end of the day, Taofeek Badmus from Lagos came tops while Bashiru Sikiru and a lady barber, Princess Abimbola Adeosun, came second and third respectively.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

News and Report

Just In: President Tinubu approves N70,000 minimum wage

Published

on

By

 

President Bola Tinubu has approved N70,000 as the new minimum wage for Nigerian workers with a promise to review the national minimum wage law every three years.

 

More details later…

Continue Reading

News and Report

Gov. Zulum Clarifies Son’s Purported Killing Of Chinese National At Indian Nightclub

Published

on

By

The Borno State Governor, Babagana Zulum, has denied reports alleging that one of the sons has been arrested and sentenced to prison for the murder of some Indian citizens.

Reports has it that there were unverified rumours, especially on social media platforms, alleging that the first son of the governor, Umar Zulum Umara, killed the Chinese national during a fight at an Indian nightclub.

However, the Senior Special Assistant to the Governor on New Media, Abdurrahman Ahmed Bundi, dismissed the reports in a statement on Wednesday.

According to him, no son of the governor was arrested or charged with any crime.

The statement read, “attention of the Borno State Governor’s Media Unit has been drawn to rumours circulating that the son of the Borno State Governor has been arrested for the alleged murder of some Indian citizens.

“This misinformation was published in an online blog, Nairaland, titled “Son of Borno State Governor Murders Someone In India—Politics.” The blog claimed that the Governor also travelled to India, attempting to use diplomatic status to resolve the matter.

“It is on record that Governor Babagana Zulum was on a one-month vacation in Saudi Arabia for the 2024 Hajj and later travelled to Egypt to attend the annual ASUWAN forum conference in Cairo.

“The Media Unit would like to clarify and set the record straight that Nairaland and other online blogs have mischievously spread defamatory content without any speck of truth.

“We hereby warned Nairaland and all those who have spread the false information to pull down this misinformation from its website and platforms within the next 24 hours and offer an unreserved apology to Governor Zulum, his son, and the entire family, or risk legal action. The Governor shall also not hesitate to take legal action against any media outlet that continues to publicise this defamatory information on its platform.

“We would like to inform the public that none of Governor’s Zulum’s son was either arrested or charged with any crime, or involved in any unlawful activities anywhere.

“We urge the public to exercise caution when consuming and sharing information, particularly when it comes from unverified sources and blogs instead of credible media outlets.

“We enjoin all media organisations to engage in responsible journalism of truth and factual verification while recognising the potential harm and psychological trauma the spread of false information might have caused to the Governor’s family.”

 

Continue Reading

News and Report

Over 600,000 Nigerians sought asylum abroad under Buhari – Report

Published

on

By

Over 600,000 Nigerians filed for asylum in other countries between 2016 and 2023, which were years under the administration of former President Muhammadu Buhari.

Buhari was President from 2015 to 2023 and handed over to President Bola Tinubu who was sworn in on May 29, 2023, after winning in the general elections the same year.

According to a report released on Wednesday, July 17, 2024, by Statisense, a data collection organisation, of a total of 664,384 in eight years, 355,792 persons sought asylum between 2016 and 2019 while 308,592 sought asylum between 2020 and 2023.

On a year-by-year basis, 66,862 sought asylum in 2016, 91,924 in 2017, 84,624 (2018), 112,382 (2019), 73,233 (2020), 83,105 (2021), 83,402 (2022), and 68,852 in 2023.

The figures indicate a surge from the past years, as Statisense noted that within 12 years – 2004 to 2015 – only 204,791 Nigerians filed for asylum in other countries.

In total, 869,175 Nigerians filed for asylum in the last 20 years, notably from 2004 to 2023.

The report was posted on the organisation’s X.com handle @StatiSense, citing the United Nations Refugee Agency.

In another report shared by the organisation on Wednesday, it was stated that the Republic of Niger topped countries with the most Nigerian refugees in 2023 with about 200,497 Nigerians and a total of 1,268,464 Nigerian refugees between 2015 and 2023.

Niger, a border country, shares proximity with Nigeria’s north, where residents battle a spate of insecurity in the region ranging from banditry, terrorism and herdsmen-farmers crisis.

Another report also revealed that Nigerians topped the list of African countries who sought asylum in Canada in 2023 with about 10,111 asylum seekers followed by Kenya with 1,345.  It stated that 1,345 Nigerians however sought asylum in the United Kingdom and 5,136 in the United States of America.

Source: The Punch

Continue Reading

Trending