Our attention has been drawn to a reckless statement
credited to one Alhaji Fatai Diekola Oyedele in which
he claimed that he brought Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola to
Osun and that he will send him back to Lagos.
2. We say that this claim is a fallacy of the highest
order and over estimation of his person and political
3. Rather than tell lie of the story, Alhaji Oyedele
should have shown modesty and tell the story as it is.
4. Alhaji Oyedele was brought into Rauf Aregbesola
Campaign Team when he was, like several others,
kicked out of PDP in 2006.
5. As at that time, Aregbesola was firmly on the ground
in Osun political firmament as he had done several
rounds of consultations with real political and May we
note that it amounted arrogance to say he would send
Ogbeni back to Lagos when he can not do a street
walk with him in Osogbo his hometown. If it is
popularity, Ogbeni has it because he has shown that he
was not selfish and greedy.
6. Aregbesola’s acceptability ratings was a soar away
as he put together, a most formidable campaign
organisation which he named Oranmiyan.
7. The Oranmiyan Movement which has members in all
parts of the state was launched epochally in Osogbo
despite the incumbent government’s machinations to
8. Alhaji Diekola Oyedele and his ilk were still in PDP
all of these times battling to safe their membership
while some of them were out-doing each other in the
bid to stop Aregbesola as a mark of loyality to the PDP
9. The story of Rauf Aregbesola’s entry in to Osun
politics is far beyond the scope of some self serving
individuals whom Ogbeni gave leverage to, health and
political wise. It is immodest for Alhaji Oyedele to
make a claim which he is very far from as he was no
where near the setting which threw up Aregbesola.
10. Oyedele was a mere beneficiary of Ogbeni’s larger
heartedness and it is painful that he is turning round to
bite the finger that fed him.
Mr Adelani Baderinwa,
Chief Press Sec to Osun Gov 2000 to 2003 and Former
SSA Information & Strategy to Governor Aregbesola.