Connect with us

News and Report

Buhari Sacks Permanent Secretary For Awarding Contract To Himself

Published

on

President Muhammadu Buhari has ordered the sack of a Permanent Secretary, who has been using his office to allegedly defraud the Federal Government through the award of phantom contracts worth billions of Naira to himself.

The permanent secretary, who was appointed by Buhari in 2015, was fired on Tuesday on the orders of the President.

A source in the ministry confirmed that two police officers drove the sacked permanent secretary from the Federal Secretariat, Abuja, raising concerns as to what might have led to such an action.

A Presidency source confirmed to Vanguard that the President ordered the immediate removal of the top civil servant, who presided over the affairs of one of the strategic ministries handling intervention programmes in the country following evidence that he awarded contracts to companies belonging to him.

Vanguard learned that the sacked permanent secretary had deployed several strategies to evade a sting operation, which had been planned by one of the anti-graft agencies, thereby making it impossible for the operatives to track him down.

It was learned that key officials of the ministry, who got hint of the permanent secretary’s activities, drew the attention of security agents to the scam and called for urgent investigation of the man.

 

One of the security agency officials, who handled the investigation of the permanent secretary, told Vanguard that the sting operation planned against the official was frustrated by him and his agents, forcing them to delay his arrest since January this year.

“We have been monitoring the man and the various companies being used by him to siphon huge sums of money from the ministry, which handles intervention programmes in the Niger Delta region but he has been very smart and suspicious of our movement, thereby making it impossible for us to arrest him despite the ambush we laid for him and his cronies,” one of the operatives said.

He added: “But Mr. President did not waste time in asking the Head of Service of the Federation to sack the man with immediate effect as soon as he got to know that the man had used over 500 companies to award fake contracts to himself and move huge sums of money from the ministry in question.”

“In fact, the discovery of the large scale fraud in the ministry, which has suffered a lot of project failure and the subsequent sacking of the permanent secretary by Mr. President, followed painstaking investigation by the anti-corruption agencies, which will soon charge the man to court.”

Continue Reading
Advertisement

News and Report

My son’s death a test from God – Heartbroken Gov. Sule

Published

on

Heartbroken Governor Abdullahi Sule of Nasarawa State on Friday said the death of his son, Hassan, is a test from God.

Hassan, 36, died on Thursday after a brief illness.

He spoke while receiving condolences at the palace of his father, the Sarkin Gudi, Alhaji Sule Bawa, in Akwanga LGA.

Sule said he was the one consoling somebody who lost his nine children and 70 cows the previous day and that today God decided to test him, to see whether he was sincere in consoling that bereaved father.

“This is my time to be tested. I see this as a test from God. I was the person consoling somebody that lost his 9 children and 70 cows yesterday, and today God decided to test me, to see whether I was sincere in consoling that bereaved father,” he said in a report by The Punch.

According to him, his son grew up carrying all his siblings along, saying that it was only God that has the power to take him away.

Sule added that his son was the one taking decisions on their businesses, saying that he was always on hand to advice him on what next to do, as his schedule would not allow him to run any business.

The governor insisted that God took him away to test hi resilience and faith.

“God didn’t seek my advice when he gave Hassan to me and he will not seek my advice when he takes him away,” he said.

Continue Reading

News and Report

Senate summons Kyari, CEO NNPCL over N48 billion pipeline surveillance contract awarded to Tompolo

Published

on

The Senate Committee on Ethics, Privileges and Public Petitions has summoned the Group Chief Executive Officer of the Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPCL), Mr. Mele Kyari, over a N48 billion pipeline surveillance contract awarded to stakeholders in the Niger Delta region.
The pipeline surveillance contract was awarded by the Federal Government to Global West Vessel Specialist Limited, a private maritime security firm founded by Government Ekpemupolo, an erstwhile Commander of the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND) also known as Tompolo.

The Tompolo-owned firm was expected to protect all the oil pipelines criss-crossing nearly all the states in the Niger Delta in collaboration with other major stakeholders in the oil bearing communities in the region.
Specifically, Tompolo is expected to carry out the N4 billion per month contract that covers Delta, Ondo, Imo, Rivers and some parts of Bayelsa State in collaboration with major tribes along the communities that host the oil pipelines.

However the Isoko Ethnic Nationality has petitioned the Senate alleging that their young men were not being carried along in the multi-billion naira project.

The Isoko people under the auspices of Interested Isoko Youth Groups, through a petition sent to the Senate on their behalf by Stanley Okonmah, said they were completely marginalised in the contract award.
The lsoko Ethnic Nationality requested the Senate to probe the award of the contract and prevail on the NNPCL’s management to award a fresh contract to a company owned by an Isoko person.

Specifically, the people urged the Senate to look into the matter and urged the Minister of Petroleum Resources and the Group Chief Executive Officer of Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPCL) to correct the anomaly.

They want the NNPCL to award the pipeline surveillance contract to a company to be chosen by stakeholders of Isoko nation.

The Chairman, Senate Committee on Ethics, Privileges and Public Petitions, Senator Ayo Akinyelure (PDP – Ondo Central), at a session in Abuja, said the GCEO of the NNPCL was being summoned to the Senate for him to come and assure the Isoko people that the agency would do the needful to avoid economic sabotage by the aggrieved youths of the area.
He said, “The GCEO of the NNPCL is hereby summoned by the Senate Committee on Ethics Privileges and Public Petitions (to appear before this committee) on January 25.

“We want him to come and assure Nigerians that he would do the needful to calm down the youths so that they will not engage in pipeline vandalism.”

Earlier, the leadership of the Isoko youths told the panel that since oil was discovered in their land and pipelines installed there in 1958, till date, no case of vandalism had been recorded in the area.

Continue Reading

News and Report

Confusion at Lagos Airport as Workers Embark On Strike…… Passengers Stranded!(Photos)

Published

on

Several passengers were stranded this morning at the Murtala Mohammed International airport as airport workers began strike starting from midnight.

passengers were spotted all around with airlines having little information on the way forward.

for instance, virgin Atlantic passengers that were due for London trip this morning were helpless as many had to reschedule their flights and many left loitering around

more details………

 

Continue Reading

Trending